Adrianna is a safeTALK Trainer ready to teach you the tools you can use to be a suicide-alert-helper in a suicide safer community.
safeTALK is a half-day alertness training that prepares anyone 15 or older, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper. Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources, such as caregivers like Adrianna who is trained in ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training), is a Positive Space Ambassador, and has Grief Literacy training.
Learning goals and objectives for safeTALK:
Over the course of their training, safeTALK participants will learn to:
- Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts might be present
- Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
- Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
- Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further help
- Presentations and guidance from a LivingWorks registered trainer
- Access to support from a local community resource person
- Powerful audiovisual learning aids
- The simple yet effective TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Hands-on skills practice and development
Each participant takes home a
- safeTALK learning guide
- safeTALK wallet card
- safeTALK stickers
- safeTALK Certificate acknowledging their training
Things to know before you book:
- The workshop is 3.5 hours long and could go longer!
Participants are encouraged to ask questions and there will be times where we will be practicing the safeTALK steps.
- Please be advised that there is a minimum of 10 and maximum of 30 participants for a single facilitator
*Co-facilitation allows for 40 participants, please advise your group size.
- Workshop fee of $55/participant
Includes both the trainer and suicide intervention trained supporter for the duration of the workshop, as well as facilitation and materials.
- Booking must be made at least 2-3 weeks before the workshop date
To process materials and allow for delivery.
- Projector screen or blank wall will be needed, and access to a power source for projector and laptop
The use of video and slideshows are necessary to this workshop.
Be an everyday superhero, wear your invisible cape,
and be a part of the suicide safer community.
Adrianna has led safeTALK workshops for Bishops University, the Toronto District School Board for Occasional Teachers, for individual groups, and supported workshops at University of Toronto.
Want to bring this workshop to your community? Groups of 10 or more can book immediately. Email Adrianna today:
→ DOWNLOAD Toronto Keepsafe Connections PDF
→ DOWNLOAD Kingston Keepsafe Connections PDF
→ DOWNLOAD Sherbrooke Keepsafe Connections PDF (made for Bishop’s University, some site specific connections)
*Within 50 miles of Toronto, a travel fee can be negotiated for those outside of the GTA, as well as for charity organizations.