Adrianna is a safeTALK Trainer ready to teach you the tools you can use to be a suicide-alert-helper in a suicide safer community.
safeTALK is a half-day alertness training that prepares anyone 15 or older, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper. Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources, such as caregivers like Adrianna who is trained in ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) and a Positive Space Ambassador. You may want to combine this workshop with Adrianna’s one-woman show about suicide bereavement Everything But the Cat…
DOWNLOAD THE BROCHURE for Everything But the Cat…
Since its development in 2006, safeTALK has been used in over 20 countries around the world, and more than 200 selectable video vignettes have been produced to tailor the program’s audio-visual component for diverse audiences. safeTALK-trained helpers are an important part of suicide-safer communities, working alongside intervention resources to identify and avert suicide risks.
Learning goals and objectives
Over the course of their training, safeTALK participants will learn to:
- Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts might be present
- Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
- Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
- Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further help
- Presentations and guidance from a LivingWorks registered trainer
- Access to support from a local community resource person
- Powerful audiovisual learning aids
- The simple yet effective TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Hands-on skills practice and development
Each participant takes home a safeTALK learning guide, wallet card, stickers, and certificate acknowledging their training. Please be advised that there is a minimum of 10 and maximum of 30 participants for a single facilitator (co-facilitation allows for 40 participants, please advise your group size). Workshop fee of $55/participant includes both the trainer and suicide intervention trained supporter for the duration of the workshop, as well as facilitation and materials.*
Be an everyday superhero, wear your invisible cape, and be a part of the suicide safer community.
Want to bring this workshop to your community? Email Adrianna today:
DOWNLOAD Toronto Keepsafe Connections PDF
DOWNLOAD Sherbrooke Keepsafe Connections PDF (made for Bishop’s University, some site specific connections)
More from LivingWorks about safeTALK
*Within 50 miles of Toronto, a travel fee can be negotiated for those outside of the GTA, as well as for charity organizations.